Mango and Macadamia Cheesecake
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 100g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 250g light sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp gelatine
- 2 Tbsp just-boiled water
- 1 large mango, chopped, plus extra slices to decorate
- 1 cup cream, softly whipped
How to Keep Fruit Fresh for Longer
1. Lightly grease and line a 22cm round springform pan with baking paper.
2. In a food processor, pulse biscuits, nuts and coconut to form crumbs. Add butter and process until mixture comes together. Press firmly over base and sides of pan. Chill for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla.
4. Sprinkle gelatine over water in a jug and whisk vigorously with a fork to dissolve. Cool slightly.
5. Beat gelatine into cream cheese mixture. Gently fold in mango. Pour into biscuit base. Cover and chill overnight.
6. When ready to serve, release from pan and remove paper. Top with extra mango slices. Serve with softly whipped cream.
Tip: Keep undecorated cheesecake in the fridge until ready to serve.