Garlic Prawn Salad
- 1 red chilli, seeded, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp finely grated palm sugar or brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 300-400 g raw peeled prawns, thawed
- 2 handfuls baby salad greens
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 paw paw or 1 whole mango peeled, seeded, cut into chunks
- fresh produce mangos tommy atkins
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
1. Put the chilli, fish sauce, lime juice, sesame oil and sugar in a small bowl and mix until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
2. Heat peanut oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic and prawns and fry until the prawns are cooked. Remove from heat.
3. Put the salad greens, cucumber, tomatoes, pawpaw (or mango) and spring onions onto a serving platter and sprinkle the hot prawns on top.
4. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Sprinkle with peanuts and coriander to serve