Warm Salad of Root Vegetables
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 medium red onions, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch baby carrots, peeled, trimmed
- 6 small beetroot, peeled, trimmed
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Salt and pepper
1.Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. n a small bowl, combine honey, olive oil, vinegar and ginger. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, onion and carrots. Pour over the dressing; toss well to coat vegetables.
3. Arrange vegetables on one of the baking trays. Add the beetroot to the bowlwith dressing; toss well. Arrange beetroot on the remaining tray. Season all vegetables with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Bake both trays for 40 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through.
5. Arrange vegetables on a bed of baby spinach leaves and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.