Mini Cream Cheese Tarts
- 4 filo pastry sheets
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 125g sour cream
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 lemon, grated zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp boiled water
- 1 tsp powdered gelatin
- 1/2 punnet strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 passionfruit, pulp
How to Use Leftover Pastry
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a 24-hole mini muffin pan.
2. Layer filo sheets, brushing each with butter and sprinkling with sugar. Brush top layer with butter. Cut filo stack into 24 equal squares. Line muffin holes with pastry, buttered side down.
3. Bake 6-8 minutes, until lightly golden and crisp. Cool in tray for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla, until smooth. Beat in finely grated zest and juice.
5. Pour water into a small jug. Sprinkle gelatine over. Whisk vigorously with a fork to dissolve. Whisk into cream cheese mixture.
6. Pour mixture evenly among cases to fill. Chill 1-2 hours, until set. Top with strawberries and passionfruit to serve.