Kumara Rosti Cakes with Scallops and Lemon Cream
- 3 cups orange or gold kumara, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp celery salt
- Spray oil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 24 scallops
- 1/2 tsp lemon and dill seasoning (or dried dill)
- 100g spreadable cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Chopped chives to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Combine the grated kumara, beaten eggs and celery salt in a bowl and mix well.
2. Place spoonfuls of kumara mixture into piles on baking paper-lined trays and flatten slightly. Spray generously with oil and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden.
3. Heat the oil and cumin seeds in a pan and sear scallops for 1-2 minutes each side until plump. Sprinkle with seasoning and set aside. Mash the cream cheese and lemon zest. Arrange rosti on a platter and add a dollop of lemon cream, top with a seared scallop and sprinkle with chopped chives to serve.
Tip: You can also try prawns or crab meat in place of scallops.