Summer Berry Trifle
- 1 bakery sponge cake, cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 cups strawberries ( total 6 cups of berries)
- 2 cups blueberries (total 6 cups of berries)
- 2 cups raspberries (total 6 cups of berries)
- 1 L custard
- 250 ml cream
- 2 cups berries of your choice to garnish
- icing sugar for dusting
1. Measure out 1/2 cup sherry. In the base of a 2 litre glass bowl place a layer of sponge cubes. Sprinkle with a little sherry. Top with 2 cups of fresh berries followed by a layer of custard. Repeat the process finishing with berries.
2. Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Spread over the trifle and top with the extra berries for garnish. Dust with icing sugar just before serving.
Tip: Trifle always tastes best the day after it is made. The flavours will have had time to infuse and develop.