Strawberries and Cream Powder Puffs
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 2 Tbsp self raising flour
- 2/3 cup cream
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar
- 250g strawberries, hulled, chopped
- Icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 2 x 12-hole shallow patty pans. In a small bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer until thick and creamy, about 5 minutes. Add caster sugar gradually, beating well after each addition or until the sugar is dissolved. Meanwhile, sift the flours together three times, then gently fold into the egg mixture.
2. Divide the mixture between the prepared pans. Bake in a moderate oven for about 12 minutes or until the sponges spring back when they are touched lightly in the centre. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
3. Beat the cream and icing sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, then fold in the strawberries. Join the sponges together with cream mixture and dust with extra sifted icing sugar. Unfilled sponges suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
Tip: Try different flavours in the cream filling, such as passionfruit pulp or a little