Mini Fruit Mince Cakes
- 1 1/3 cups (200g) self raising flour
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/ cups (440g) bought fruit mince
- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 250 white ready-made icing
- ¼ cup (40g) icing sugar
- Cachous, to decorate
How to Whip Perfect Cream
1. Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan-forced). Line 40 holes of four 12-hole mini (20ml) muffin pans with paper cases.
2. Sift flour and brown sugar into a large bowl.
3. Whisk fruit mince, oil, milk and egg in a medium bowl until combined; stir into flour mixture until barely combined.
4. Drop level tablespoons of mixture into paper cases; bake about 15 minutes. Cool cakes in pans.
5. Knead icing on surface dusted with sifted icing sugar until smooth. Roll out icing until 3mm thick; cut out small stars with 1.5cm, 2cm and 3cm cutters. Brush a tiny amount of water onto backs of stars; position on cakes. Press cachous into centre of stars before icing dries.