Chimichurri Prawn Skewers
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 25 prawns, peeled & deveined
- Cooking oil spray
- Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Place parsley, oregano, garlic, chilli and cumin in the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add oil, process until combined. Add lemon juice, process briefly to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Combine half the parsley mixture and prawns in a large bowl. Cover with plastic food wrap, chill for 30 minutes to marinate. Place remaining parsley mixture in a jug. Cover surface directly with plastic food wrap. Chill until required.
2. Thread 5 marinated prawns onto each skewer. Preheat a barbecue to moderately high heat.
3. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until prawns change colour. Transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with remainder parsley mixture. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips: To prevent skewers scorching during cooking, soak in cold water for 20 minutes before using.