Chimichurri Prawn Skewers
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chopped italian parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped oregano
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice plus wedges, to serve
- 1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 24 prawns, peeled & deveined
- Cooking oil spray
- 12 short bamboo skewers
1. Place herbs and spices in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and process until combined.
2. Combine half the parsley mixture and prawns in a large bowl. Cover with food wrap and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes. Pour remaining parsley mixture in a jug, cover with food wrap and chill.
3. Thread 2 marinated prawns onto each skewer.
4. Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue to a high heat. Spray prawns with oil and cook turning for 6 minutes or until prawns change colour.
5. Transfer to a serving platter, drizzle with reserved parsley mixture and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Tip: Soak skewers in cold water for 10 minutes before using to prevent from scorching when cooking.
• Energy 399Kj • Protein 8g • Total Fat 7g • Saturated Fat 1g • Carbohydrates 0g • Sugars 0g • Sodium 306mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation