BBQ Chicken with Chorizo and Bean Salad
- Size 16, 1.6kg whole fresh chicken
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Handful oregano leaves
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g tin butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- 2 spring onions
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
How to Butterfly Chicken
1. Preheat barbecue to medium-low heat. Butterfly the chicken by removing backbone by cutting down either side of bird with a sharp knife or kitchen scissors. Turn over and press down on breast bone to flatten.
2. To make the marinade, combine zest, oregano and olive oil in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Rub marinade over both sides of chicken. Cook chicken skin-side down on grill side of barbecue for 20 minutes. Turn and cook for further 20 minutes until cooked through.
3. For the salad, cook chorizo for 2 minutes on either side until crisp. Add to bowl with the beans, rocket, spring onions, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cut chicken into 4 pieces and serve with chorizo and bean salad.