Three Ways with Roast Vegetables
- 5 cups vegetables cut into chunks e.g. pumpkin, aubergine, kumara, peppers, red onions, cougettes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp each of ground cumin, paprika and coriander
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make the perfect roast vegetables
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a tray with baking paper.
2. Place all the vegetables onto the tray. Sprinkle over the cumin, paprika and coriander. Add the oil and mix well using your hands.
3. Cook for 30 minutes or until cooked and golden. Season with salt and pepper.
ROAST VEGETABLE FRITTATA:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
2. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a medium-sized ovenproof frying pan on the stove top over a medium heat. Add the 'base recipe' roast vegetables and toss gently.
3. Pour over 5 eggs, lightly beaten and sprinkle with 1 tsp mixed herbs and 50g blue cheese. Cook on the stove top for 2 minutes until the bottom starts to set. Sprinkle over ½ cup grated tasty cheese and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until set. Garnish with ½ cup chopped parsley, to serve.
ROAST VEGETABLE WITH FETA TART:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and grease a 30cm x 20cm oven-proof dish.
2. Roll 150g of puff pastry and fit to the shape of the dish. Blind bake for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven and spread ½ cup hummus over the base. Spread 'base recipe' roast vegetables on top and crumble 100g of feta.
4. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp oil, place back in the oven and cook for 10 minutes until golden.
5. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves, to serve.
MOROCCAN COUSCOUS SALAD:
1. For the dressing, combine 1 Tbsp tahini, juice of 1 lemon and 2 tsp honey.
2. In a large bowl combine 1 cup of cooked Israeli couscous, 'base recipe' roast vegetables, dressing and ¹/3 cup coriander leaves.
3. Serve in a bowl and sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds.
TIP: These recipes are a great way to use left over roast vegetables.