Three Ways with Roast Vegetables
- 5 cups vegetables cut into chunks e.g. pumpkin, aubergine, kumara, peppers, red onions, cougettes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp each of ground cumin, paprika and coriander
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- 50g blue cheese
- ½ cup tasty cheese
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make the perfect roast vegetables
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a tray with baking paper.
2. Place all the vegetables onto the tray. Sprinkle over the cumin, paprika and coriander. Add the ¼ cup oil and mix well using your hands. Place into the oven for 30 mins or until cooked and golden. Season with salt and pepper.
3. In a medium sized frying pan heat the oil. Add the vegetables and toss gently.
4. Pour over the eggs and sprinkle over the herbs and blue cheese. Cook for a couple of minutes until the bottom is starting to set. Sprinkle over the cheese and place into the oven for 15-20 mins until set. Garnish with parsley.
ROAST VEGETABLE TART WITH FETA
1. Preheat an oven to 200°C.
2. Blind bake a piece of puff pastry rolled to 30cm x 20cm for 15 mins. Remove from the oven. Spread ½ cup hummus over the base, layer on chunks of roast vegetable and crumble over 100g feta.
3. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Place back into the oven for 10 mins until golden.
4. Garnish with some thyme leaves.
MOROCCAN COUSCOUS SALAD
1. For the dressing combine 1 Tbsp tahini, the juice from 1 lemon and 2 tsp honey.
2. In a large bowl combine 1 cup cooked pearl couscous, roast vegetable chunks, dressing and coriander leaves. Serve on a platter and sprinkle with some toasted pumpkin seeds.
TIP: These recipes are a great way to use left over roast vegetables.