Three ways with Cheesecake
- 200g Select round tea biscuits
- 85g butter, melted
- 400g cream cheese
- 60g caster sugar
- Zest of ½ orange
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 200ml cream
- 2 cups blueberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp arrowroot mixed with 1 Tbsp water
How to Whip Perfect Cream
1. Line the base of a 20cm spring form tin with baking paper.
2. Place the biscuits into food processor and blitz until they resemble fine bread crumbs or place them into a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin. Add the melted butter mixing well and place in the tin. Spread evenly pressing down with the back of a spoon. Place into the fridge for 10 minutes while you make the filling.
3.Place the cream cheese, sugar and orange juice and zest into a bowl and beat until smooth and well blended. Add the cream and continue to beat until the mixture is thick and smooth. Pour over the base, smooth the top and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
4. Place the blueberries, sugar, vanilla and 2 tbsp water into a small pot. Slowly bring to a simmer. Thicken with the arrowroot. Set aside to cool completely. Pour the blueberries over the cheesecake and refrigerate until ready to serve.
CHOCOLATE AND HAZELNUT SLICE
Line a 20 x 20cm tin with baking paper. Use chocolate thins instead of tea biscuits for the base. To the filling add 100g melted dark chocolate buttons, 1 Tbsp cocoa and ½ cup chopped toasted hazelnuts, pour into the tin. Refrigerate for 4 hours or more. Top with a little extra grated chocolate and chopped hazelnuts.
FREEFORM STRAWBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE
Crush 100g Homebrand gingernuts and mix with 40g butter. Sprinkle into the base of 4 glasses reserving a little for garnish. Halve the above filling mix and add 100g melted white chocolate buttons. Divide the mixture between four glasses. Top with extra crumb, strawberries and a couple of mint leaves.
TIP: This cheesecake recipe is very versatile. Try replacing the blueberries with Select canned fruit, fresh mango or other berries.