BBQ Prawns with Wasabi Aioli
- 1 kg large prawns, tail on
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander root
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp oil
- ½ cup coriander leaves to garnish
- 1 cup aioli
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Soak 20 bamboo skewers in cold water for 20 mins.
2. In a small bowl combine the coriander root, ginger, garlic, lemon, ground coriander, sugar, salt and oil.
3. Pour over the prawns and stir until they are all well coated. Leave for at least 30 mins or overnight. Spread 3 prawns onto each skewer.
4. Preheat a BBQ grill to a medium heat. Cook the prawns for 2-3 mins each side until just cooked through.
5. Combine the aioli, wasabi and lemon juice and stir well.