Chia breakfast pudding with roasted rhubarb
- 8 stalks rhubarb, cut into 5cm chunks
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup long thread coconut
- Plain unsweetened yoghurt to serve
How to Create an Entertaining Platter
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Spread the rhubarb chunks onto a tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with the coconut sugar and bake for 20 minutes or until soft.
2. Allow the rhubarb to cool, then transfer to a bowl or container and store in the fridge for up to one week.
3. Pour the coconut milk and 1/2 cup warm water into a large jar. Add the chia seeds and honey, then shake until mixed.
4. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or up to 5 days, shaking once or twice to prevent the seeds clumping together.
5. Toast the coconut in a dry pan until it begins to turn golden and fragrant. Keep a keen eye on it - once it starts to toast, it can burn quite quickly!
6. To serve, layer the roasted rhubarb with the plain yoghurt and the chia pudding, then top with the toasted coconut.
Tip - Roasting the rhubarb ensures it retains its shape and vibrant colour, as well as intensifying the flavour.
If desired you can swap rhubarb for another fruit of your choice.
Recipe from foodtolove.co.nz
By Food To Love