Pea, Bacon and Mozzarella Salad with Mint Pesto
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp capers
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 rashers bacon
- 2 cups peas, cooked
- 100g cooked beans or snap peas
- 1 ball mozzarella or 6 boccocini, torn into pieces
- ¼ cup mint leaves for garnish
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
To make the pesto: place the mint, garlic, capers, lemon zest and juice, cheese, olive oil and salt and pepper into a blender. Whizz until well combined. Set aside.
Grill or fry the bacon until it is crispy. Cut into 2 cm lengths.
In a large bowl combine the peas, beans, mozzarella and bacon.
Drizzle over the pesto and mix through. Serve the salad on a platter and sprinkle over the mint leaves.
TIP: If you would like your pesto to last in the fridge for a couple of weeks, blanch the mint leaves before you blitz it and it will retain the vibrant green colour.