Salmon Roulade with Salmon and Chive Filling
- 400g frozen spinach defrosted and all water squeezed out
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 5 eggs, separated
- 2 Tbsp self-raising flour
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 200g cream cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- 210g tin Homebrand salmon
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a 30cm x 40cm tin with baking paper.
2. In a bowl place the spinach, spring onion, egg yolks, flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper and combine well.
3. In a large bowl beat the egg whites until just stiff. Fold through the spinach mixture. Pour the mixture into the tin and smooth the top. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until set and lightly brown.
4. Mix together cream cheese, lemon, chives and salmon until well combined.
5. Tip the cooked roulade onto a piece of baking paper. Spoon the filling over the top and spread evenly. Roll the roulade from the short end into a neat roll.
6. Slice and serve.
TIP: When lining a tin with baking paper, dampen the tin to make the paper stick. This will make it much easier to put your mixture into it.