Tomato and Strawberry Panzanella
- 1/2 baguette torn into small pieces
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cut roughly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cucumber, cut
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Place bread onto an oven tray and dry in the oven for 10 mins.
2. In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, garlic, cucumber, olives, capers, strawberries and basil. Mix in the bread.
3. For the dressing: in a small bowl with a fork mash the strawberries, add the balsamic and oil, mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss, leaving it to sit for 10 mins to allow the flavours to develop. Season with extra salt and pepper at this stage if required.
Tip: Cut the remainder of the baguette in thin slices, brush with oil and bake in the oven for 10 mins to make crostini. A great way to use up leftover bread.