Smoked Chicken Terrine
- 1 smoked chicken, skin removed
- 150 g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup salted macadamias, chopped
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1 bunch chives, snipped
- 2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 6 bagels, sliced into 3
- mini gherkins, to serve
1. Remove meat from chicken, discarding bones. Roughly chop meat. Place in a large bowl with butter, nuts, crème fraîche, mayonnaise, herbs, mustard and 1 Tbsp brandy (optional. Season to taste and mix well.
2. Spoon into 4-6 individual dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
3. Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
4. Arrange bagel slices in single layer on tray. Spray with oil and season to taste.
5. Bake 10-12 mins, until crisp and lightly golden.
6. Serve terrine with toasted bagel slices and mini gherkins.
Tip: If preferred, line a muffin pan (or a 10 x 20cm loaf pan) with plastic wrap. Divide mixture evenly, smoothing the surface. Fold excess plastic wrap over. Weigh down with small cans and chill overnight. Unmould to serve.