Choc Cream Kisses
- 3 cups (480g) icing sugar
- 2 tbsp thickened cream
- ½ egg white
- ¼ tsp coconut or peppermint essence
- 200 g dark chocolate melts
- 100 g white chocolate melts
- Silver cachous, desiccated coconut, sprinkles, to decorate
1. Stir icing sugar, cream, egg white and coconut or peppermint essence to taste until a stiff paste forms. Roll paste into a 4cm-wide log and cut into thick slices. Use fingers to neaten slices into smooth, even discs. Place in a single layer on a piece of baking paper. Stand in a cool, airy place to dry for 2 hrs, until firm.
2. Place dark and white chocolate melts in separate microwave-safe bowls. Microwave at 100% for 1-2 minutes, stirring with a metal spoon every 30 secs, until smooth and melted. Using a small piping bag or teaspoon, use melted chocolate to decorate choc cream kisses. Top with cachous, coconut or sprinkles. Stand for 30 mins, until set. Place in paper patty cases. Store in airtight jars or boxes for up to 1 week.