Pork Mince Ragu with Cannellini Beans
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 500g pork mince
- 1 carrot, grated
- 400g Homebrand diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 420g cannellini beans, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked Homebrand pasta spirals
- ¼ cup Parmesan, grated
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
1. Place oil into a frying pan. Add onion, garlic, fennel and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Add mince and cook until browned. Don’t mash it up too much, a few chunky pieces are fine.
2. Add carrot and cook for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, brown sugar and vinegar. Bring to a simmer for 5-8 minutes until the mixture is thickened. Add beans and season with salt and pepper.
3. Just before serving fold through the pasta.
4. Serve hot in bowls topped with parsley and parmesan.