Feta and Kale Enchiladas
- Oil for frying
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 60g kale, chopped
- 150g feta, diced
- 125g cottage cheese with chives
- 100g Homebrand cross cut beans, defrosted and drained
- 405g Select Basil, Garlic & Onion Diced Tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 Homebrand tortillas
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 60g salad greens
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
How to Use Leftover Tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease an ovenproof dish.
2. Pour oil into a non stick frying pan. Gently sauté onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
3. Add kale, cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from heat, allow to cool then add feta, cottage cheese and beans. Gently combine and season well.
4. Empty tomatoes into a bowl with a can half filled with water. Season with salt and pepper. Pour half the tomatoes into the dish to cover the bottom.
5. Divide cheese filling between the 8 tortillas. Spread filling along one side and then roll up carefully. Place rolled tortillas into the dish.
6. Pour remaining tomatoes over the tortillas and sprinkle over crumbled feta. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Garnish with parsley and serve with salad greens.
By Jax Hamilton