Nacho Crumbed Fish with Chips
- 1kg Crinkle Cut Chips
- 1 Tbsp garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 sweet gherkins, chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 250g peas
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 knob butter
- 2 Tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten with 1 Tbsp water
- 100g corn chips, crushed
- Oil for frying
- 500g Basa fillets cut into 3cn wide strips
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
How to Tell When Fish is Cooked
1. Preheat oven and baking tray to 220°C .
2. Place chips in a single layer on a pre-heated tray. Sprinkle with garlic and herb seasoning. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden and crispy, turning over once during baking.
3. Mix together mayonnaise, gherkins and lemon juice, chill until ready to serve, chill until ready to serve.
4. Place peas, garlic and butter in a dish, microwave for 5 minutes stirring half way through. Add yoghurt and mash. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour beaten eggs onto a plate, wide enough for the fish.
6. Pour corn chip crumbs onto another plate.
7. Dip fish into egg mixture, press into crumb mixture than straight into a hot frying pan. Fry on each side for 3 minutes or until golden crisp.
8. Serve fish with chips, mushy peas and a dollop of tartare sauce.
By Jax Hamilton