Leek and Sausage Risotto
- 3 fresh spicy chorizo sausages
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250 g Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 L chicken stock
- 1 lemon for zest
- 1 Tbsp butter salted
- 1 cup Homebrand frozen peas
- 20 g grated Parmesan plus extra for garnishing
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 Tbsp parsley plus extra for garnishing
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place sausages on an oven tray and cook for 15 minutes until cooked through. Cool slightly then slice thinly on a diagonal. Toss in a frying pan to sear all the sides of the slices.
2. In a large pot, heat oil to a medium heat. Add leek, onion and garlic. Cook for 5-8 minutes covered until the leeks are softened but not browned.
3. Add rice and stir for 2 minutes until lightly toasted. Stir through the wine and allow it to evaporate. Slowly add the chicken stock 1 cup at a time allowing it to be absorbed before adding the next until all the liquid has gone and the rice is cooked.
4. Add sausage slices, lemon zest, butter, peas, parmesan, tasty cheese and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve hot and garnish with parsley and parmesan.
Tip: This risotto can also be oven baked in a heatproof dish. Add chicken stock all at once and bake at 180°C 40 minutes. Then add remaining ingredients.