- 1 Tbsp butter salted
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 cups potatoes, diced
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup water mixed with 1 chicken stock cube
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- pinch chilli flakes
- 1 lemon for zest
- 2 Tbsp cornflour mixed with a little water
- 500 g basa fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley plus extra for garnishing
- 1 Tbsp chopped dill
- 1 baguette, sliced into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1. In a large pot melt the butter. Add onion, garlic and carrot. Place the lid on, cook for 5 minutes, but not browned.
2. Add potatoes, milk, water, stock, paprika, herbs, chilli flakes and lemon zest. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
3. Add cornflour and stir until the chowder has thickened. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add fish, parsley and dill simmering for 2 more minutes until the fish is cooked.
5. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place baguette slices on an oven tray, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 10-15 minutes until crisp and browned.
6. Serve the fish chowder hot garnished with parsley and sliced baguette on the slide.