- 250 g dark chocolate (50% cocoa solids), finely chopped
- ¾ cup cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 250 g milk chocolate melts
- 50 g white chocolate melts
Place the dark chocolate and cream in a large glass jug or bowl. Microwave on medium power for 1 minute. Stir and continue to microwave in 30-second bursts until melted and combined. Stir in the Frangelico, vanilla essence and chopped hazelnuts. Refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll into balls.
Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on a baking paper-lined tray. Refrigerate or freeze again, until extra firm.
When ready to decorate, melt the milk chocolate according to the packet instructions. Dip each ball in the melted chocolate, tap off any excess, and place on a baking paper-lined tray to set. Melt the white chocolate and drizzle over the dipped truffles.