Gluten-free Pappardelle Beef Bolognese
- 400 g can whole peeled or crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3-4 large leaves silverbeet, tough end of stem removed and leaf sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4-5 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 5-6 gluten-free pasta sheets, broken into long, fat strips
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- small knob butter
- 2-3 tablespoons cream
- 400 g beef mince
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
Heat a frypan over a medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook for about 5 minutes until it is mostly browned. Season with salt and pepper, then add the onion, tomato paste and garlic. Mix well and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes. Add the canned tomatoes and mix through. Add the cherry tomatoes and simmer for about another 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta sheets in plenty of salted boiling water.
In another frypan, heat the butter then sauté the mushrooms together with the silverbeet and thyme. Add the cream and increase the heat to allow the cream sauce to reduce and thicken. Add the parmesan and stir through. Set aside.
When you’re ready to serve, layer the pasta strips, beef and cream sauce, then garnish with the extra parmesan.