Hummus and Paprika Crusted Chicken with Roast Pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 500g pumpkin, skinned, deseeded, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped in quarters
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp dried mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 600g chicken breast, skin removed and cut into 4 pieces
- 4 Tbsp Moroccan spice and garlic hummus
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander
- 200g frozen peas, steamed
How to Chop Herbs
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. In a large ovenproof dish, toss together oil, pumpkin, courgette, onion, garlic and herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, tossing occasionally.
3. Score chicken flesh diagonally (not all the way through). Season with salt and pepper. Spread 1 Tbsp of hummus over each piece of chicken, covering each piece.
4. Remove the dish from the oven and very carefully place the chicken pieces on top of the pumpkin.
5. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle over paprika. Return to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and golden. Garnish with coriander. Serve with steamed peas.
By Jax Hamilton