Salmon Fish Cakes
- 210g can pink salmon, flaked
- 500g potato, peeled, par-boiled and grated
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- ½ cup coriander, chopped
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp oil, for cooking
- 1 egg plus 1 Tbsp water
- ¼ cup Free From Gluten Standard flour
- 1 cup Free From Gluten breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Seasonal salad of carrot sticks, cucumber and salad greens to serve
How to Chop Herbs
1. In a large bowl add salmon, grated potato, spring onions, ½ cup coriander, lemon zest, ginger, ½ tsp salt and pepper. Combine well. With wet hands, form the mixture into 8 balls, flattening slightly with the palm of your hand.
2. Whisk egg with 1 Tbsp water in a bowl.
3. Combine breadcrumbs and sesame seeds in a separate dish.
4. Roll fish cakes into the flour, then dip in the egg and water mixture, then finally into the breadcrumb and sesame seed mixture. Cover fish cakes and refrigerate until ready to cook.
5. Heat oil in a medium sized frying pan. Cook in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side. Alternatively, cook on the BBQ for 3-4 minutes each side.
6. To make the dipping sauce: combine yoghurt, lemon juice and ¼ cup coriander. Stir to combine, adding salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve fish cakes hot with dipping sauce and salad