- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 200 g mascarpone
- 1 cup strong black coffee, cooled
- 150 g sponge fingers
- 250 g fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced into pieces
- 2 Tbsp grated chocolate, for garnishing
1. Place egg yolks and sugar into the bowl of an electric beater. Whisk until light and creamy in colour. Add mascarpone and whip until thick and smooth.
2. Beat egg whites separately until thick and frothy. Fold into the mascarpone mixture.
3. Place a spoon of mascarpone into four glasses. Dip the sponge finger into the coffee and layer on top, do a layer of strawberries, repeat the layers finishing with mascarpone. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
4. When ready to serve remove from the fridge and sprinkle with grated chocolate.
Tip: As an alternative for sponge fingers, slice cake sponge into thin strips approximately 7cm long and 2cm wide.
By Angela Casley