Lamb Meatballs with Beans, Tomatoes and Pesto Dressing
- 150 g green beans, trimmed and sliced on an angle
- 6 lamb sausages, skin removed and sausage meat rolled into balls (makes about 24)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 100 g cherry tomatoes or similar, quartered
- 70 g roasted red capsicum, sliced
- 30 g baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp pesto
- salt and pepper to taste
1. To make the dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients and 2 Tbsp olive oil in a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
2. Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and add beans. Cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and refresh them in cold water. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, lightly oil the meatballs. Heat BBQ hot plate or a frying pan over medium heat. Cook meatballs for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through. Remove meatballs from frying pan or BBQ, cover with foil and set aside to rest.
4. In a large bowl combine beans, tomatoes, capsicum and spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Whisk dressing again and spoon half of it over the salad and mix to combine.
6. To serve, place salad on plate, top with meatballs and drizzle with remaining dressing.
By Brett McGregor