Chicken Burgers with Spicy Corn Salsa
- 400g canned corn kernels, drained
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 400g chicken breast, skin removed, sliced lengthwise into 4 pieces
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, one sliced and one finely diced
- ½ red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 Tbsp mint, chopped
- 1 peach or nectarine, seeded and finely diced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 4 hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
1. Heat a frying pan or BBQ grill to medium heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. Season chicken breasts and place in frying pan or BBQ grill. Cook chicken breasts, turning them for 6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Set chicken aside to rest.
2. Place canned kernels in a large bowl. Add jalapenos, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, coriander, mint, peach or nectarine, lime juice, remaining olive oil and salt to taste. Stir well to combine and set aside.
3. Assemble burgers by topping bottom of each toasted hamburger bun with a lettuce leaf, then place a piece of chicken, a slice of tomato, some corn salsa and the top of the bun.
TIP: Used tinned peaches or nectarines if fresh aren't availble.
By Brett McGregor