BBQ Chicken with Chorizo and Potato Salad
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen broad beans, podded
- 400g chicken breast, skin removed and cut into 8 pieces
- ¼ cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- squeeze of lemon
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 100g chorizo, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into pieces
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 cup spinach greens
- oil for drizzling and frying
How to Chop Herbs
1. Cook potatoes in a pan of salted boiling water for 10 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, reserving the water for the broad beans and set aside. Return water to the stove and blanch broad beans. Remove from pod. Set aside.
2. Place chicken into a shallow dish and gently massage salt, pepper, oil and 1 Tbsp chopped parsley into it. Leave for a couple of minutes while your griddle pan heats up. When hot, add chicken, reduce heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Squeeze over lemon and rest.
3. Meanwhile, heat a pan on high and add oil, or alternatively heat a BBQ hot plate. Add onion and cook until softened. Add chorizo, combining together. Cook for at least 3 minutes, you should see the oil coming from the chorizo, then add potatoes, beans and combine. Toss in tomatoes and vinegar. When tomatoes are just beginning to break up, add remaining parsley and spinach. Cook until just wilted.
4. Season and serve topped with the chicken.