Tres Leche with Mixed Berries
- 5 eggs
- 110 g caster sugar (1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 150 g plain flour
- 250 ml evaporated milk
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 250 ml cream
- 1 fresh strawberries punnet
- 1 fresh blueberries punnet
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/ 140°C fan forced. Grease and line the base and sides of a 21-22 cm round cake pan (7-8cm high sides) with baking paper.
2. Using an electric mixer; beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/2 cup Chelsea caster sugar and continue to beat for 1-2 minutes until glossy. Set aside.
3. In a bowl using an electric mixer beat egg yolks until light and fluffy, gradually add in extra Chelsea caster sugar and vanilla; continue to beat for a further 1 minute.
4. Gradually fold the yolks into the whites. Sift half of the flour over egg mixture, and gently fold through. Sift remaining flour over mixture and gently fold through, being careful not to over-work the mixture. Gently spoon sponge mixture into the prepared cake pan and smooth over the surface, bake 1 hour.
5. Remove from oven; cool in cake pan for 15 minutes. While the sponge is cooling, combine cream, Carnation creamy evaporated milk, Highlander sweetened condensed milk and extra vanilla in a large jug.
6. Once the cake has cooled, using a skewer; poke holes over the top of the sponge. Pour over cream mixture and allow it to absorb; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
7. Turn out cake onto a platter. Spread whipped cream over the top of the cake and decorate with berries and dust with CHELSEA Icing Sugar
8. Toppings: 300ml whipped cream, 250g punnet strawberries halved, 125g punnet raspberries/blueberries, Chelsea icing sugar