Gooey Caramel Salted Peanut Layer Slice
- Base & Topping
- 340 g milk chocolate melts, 170g each for base & topping
- 2 tsp Kremelta, 1 tsp each for base & topping
- 60 g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 1 marshmallow creme (see tip) pottle (198.5ml)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1½ cups salted peanuts, skinless
- 25 g butter
- 150 ml cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup glucose syrup
- 1 Tbsp molasses
1. Spray an 18cm x 28cm baking pan lightly with oil, line with baking paper (make sure paper comes up the sides).
2. For the base, place chocolate melts and Kremelta in glass bowl or jug. Microwave 1-2 minutes on medium power until melted. Spread an even layer of chocolate into base of prepared pan. Tap pan gently on bench so chocolate becomes smooth. Refrigerate until set.
3. For the filling, stir butter, sugar and evaporated milk over medium heat in a saucepan until dissolved, then bring to a boil. Reduce to medium high, cook, stirring continuously, for a further 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in marshmallow creme and peanut butter. Place on chocolate base, smoothing out with spatula. Sprinkle over peanuts. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
4. Caramel: Place all ingredients in saucepan. Stir over low heat until dissolved, then bring to a boil. Reduce to medium high, clip on thermometer and bring caramel up to 112?C (soft ball stage). Pour even layer of caramel over peanuts. Refrigerate to set.
5. Topping: Melt last batch of chocolate and Kremelta. Top caramel with a final layer of chocolate, tapping pan on bench to smooth. Refrigerate until set (score the chocolate layer just before it sets with a sharp knife, for neater slicing).
Tip: Marshmallow creme can be found in the international section of supermarket. Microwave liquid glucose for 30-40 seconds so it pours out of jar easily.