- 125 g butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 180° (160°C fan-forced). Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Cream butter, vanilla essence and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Sift flour and baking powder together. Fold into creamed mixture alternately with the milk. Spoon mixture evenly into the prepared tin.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly touched. Transfer to a wire
rack to cool.
To add a fresh element, decorate with fresh fruit such as berries or kiwifruit, or whatever is in season.