Vanilla Panna Cotta with Rhubarb and Raspberry Compote
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup sugar + 50g sugar for compote
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp powdered gelatine
- 175g rhubarb, trimmed
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ Tbsp honey
- ½ cinnamon stick
- Juice of ½ orange
How to Use up Your Fruit and Vegetables
1. Gently heat the cream and 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan until all the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
2. Lightly grease 4 ramekins.
3. Sprinkle gelatine over 45mls cold water in a large bowl and gently combine. Leave for 5 minutes.Pour the warmed cream over the gelatine and combine thoroughly until the gelatine has dissolved.
4. Divide the mixture between the greased ramekins and refrigerate until set. This will usually take up to 3 hours but you can leave them for a couple of days.
5. To make the compote: combine rhubarb, raspberries, honey, ½ cinnamon stick, 50g sugar and orange juice and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Cool and spoon over panna cotta just before serving.
By Brett McGregor