Koftas with Fattoush Salad
- 6 lamb or beef sausages, skin removed
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Fattoush Salad
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 2 cup soaked couscous
- 1 tomato, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 telegraph cucumber, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt to season
- pepper to season
- 4 tortillas
- 2 Tbsp hummus
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
2. Into a large bowl place sausage meat, onion, parsley, coriander, cumin, ginger and breadcrumbs. Mix well to combine using your hands. With damp hands roll the mixture into 24 even sized balls. Thread 3 meatballs onto each skewer.
3. To make the salad: in a bowl combine the couscous, tomato, cucumber, coriander, olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat frying pan to a medium heat. Brown meat koftas on all sides, place onto a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Wrap tortillas in tinfoil and warm in the oven for 10 minutes. Cut each tortilla into 4-6 wedges.
6. To serve place some salad on a plate topped with koftas and a dollop of hummus with tortilla pieces on the side.
Tip: to remove the skin from sausages soak in cold water for 10 minutes and it will peel off easily.