Lamb Meatballs and Mint Ragu
- 400g fettuccine
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 Lamb & Mint Sausages
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 400g Homebrand diced tomatoes
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint, finely sliced
- 20g Parmesan, finely grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Cook Perfect Pasta
1. Bring a pot of water to boil and season with plenty of salt. Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Before draining the pasta, reserve ½ cup of the pasta water.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan, sauté onion and garlic for 2 – 4 minutes until soft and translucent. Add herbs, mix well.
3. Separate sausages and carefully push the meat from the skins and roll into bite sized balls. Add directly into the onion mixture.
4. Press down gently with fork, to make them a little flat. Cook in the onion mixture, until they are golden.
5. Increase heat, add tomatoes and paste, ½ cup pasta water, season and stir well. When bubbling, reduced to a simmer and cook for a further 10 minutes.
6. Toss pasta through the meatball sauce. Serve pasta topped with mint and parmesan.
By Jax Hamilton