Vegetarian Pizza with Cauliflower Base
- 700 g cauliflower, trimmed and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp Tuscan herbs
- salt, to season
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 100 g sliced mushrooms
- 15 black olives
- 1/2 cup rocket leaves
- pepper, to season
- Garlic Bread
- 1 baguette
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp softened butter
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC.
2. Place cauliflower in a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. You may have to do this in two batches.
3. Place cauliflower into a clean tea towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Place into a large bowl. Add eggs, parmesan and herbs, season with salt and pepper. Mix well with a spoon or hands work well.
4. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Place all the cauliflower mix onto the paper and push it out into a large circle 30cm in diameter x 1cm thick. Pat it down to compress. Place into the middle of the hot oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
5. Spread the base with tomato paste, top with ¾ of the mozzarella, add olives, mushrooms, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper. Return to the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and looking golden and delicious.
6. To make the garlic bread: slice baguette on an angle 2-3cm pieces. Mix garlic with butter. Spread on slices of baguette. Wrap bread in tin foil and place in a preheated oven at 180ºC for 10 minutes.
7. To serve, remove pizza from the oven, top with rocket and serve with garlic bread.