Spicy Pork with Asian Greens
- 450 g pork mince
- 7 g coriander, finely sliced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp chopped lemongrass
- 1/2 beaten egg
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- black pepper to season
- oil for frying
- Asian Greens
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 knob ginger 3 cm piece, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 pak choy, washed and cleaned, sliced thinly
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups rice cooked according to packet instructions
1. Place pork mince, coriander, chilli flakes, lemongrass, egg, brown sugar and sesame oil in a bowl. Season with pepper. Combine well with clean hands and roll into bite-sized balls.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan or wok on high. Fry meatballs for 4-5 minutes until nicely golden and cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm.
3. To make the Asian Greens: heat peanut oil in a wok. Add 2 tablespoons of hot water, add garlic, ginger, spring onions and red chilli, stir-fry for 2 minutes until fragrant.
4. Add pak choy, soy sauce and a little extra water. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until pak choy is wilted.
5. To serve, distribute rice between bowls, top with greens and meatballs.