Creamy Mustard and Tarragon Pork
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 400 g pork rump steak
- 100 ml cream
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- salt to season
- pepper to season
- 4 potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 250 g whole green beans, steamed
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
2. Carefully slice through centre of pork steak horizontally and cut to make 8 pieces. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a frying pan to a medium heat. Brown pieces of pork on both sides then put straight into an ovenproof dish.
3. Deglaze pan with cream and stock. Add mustards, tarragon and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then pour over the pork. Place straight into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the pork is cooked through.
4. To make the smashed potatoes: Boil potatoes for 8 minutes. Drain. Cool for 10 minutes. Mash roughly. Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a frying pan. Add butter, garlic and potatoes and fry until golden and crispy on each side.
5. Serve pork with smashed potatoes and steamed beans.
Tip: As an alternative to cream and stock you could try 220 ml crème fraiche.