Beef Olives with Warm Horseradish Potato Salad
- 4 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 slice bread
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- ½ cup cheese, grated
- 4 beef schnitzels
- ½ bag value salad greens
- ½ carrot, grated
- 60ml French Dressing
- Potato Salad
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 4 Tbsp plain yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp horseradish sauce
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
How to Make Perfect Mashed Potato
1. Place potatoes into a saucepan, top with water, bring to a boil cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Pour 2 Tbsp oil into a frying pan, cook onion and garlic until soft and translucent. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Place bread in a food processor, blend until you have soft breadcrumbs and pour into a large bowl. Add garlic, onion, herbs and cheese. Season and mix well.
4. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
5. Cut Schnitzels in half. Lay on a board and place a little of your stuffing mixture at one end. Roll away from you and secure with a toothpick.
Repeat with remaining schnitzel and stuffing.
6. Pour 2 Tbsp oil into a large frying pan and cook the beef olives, 4 at a time until golden and the cheese is oozing out. Place in an ovenproof dish and place in oven until you have finished frying all your olives.
7. Take the warm potatoes and toss together with red onion, yoghurt, horseradish sauce and vinegar. Taste and season.
8. Toss green salad ingredients and dressing together in a bowl.
9. Serve Beef Olives with a side of potato salad and green salad.
By Jax Hamilton