Hoisin Beef Egg Rolls
- 400g beef schnitzel, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup Select Hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 4 eggs, whisked with 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly
- 80g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 Oxo beef stock cube dissolved in 1 cup hot water
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 2 cups rice cooked according to packet instructions
- 1 spring onion, to garnish
How to Cook Perfect Rice
Place beef and Hoisin sauce in a bowl, stir to combine.
Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a medium sized frying pan. Pour in in ¼ of the egg to make a pancake. Allow it to cook on one side, then flip to finish the other side. Slide onto a plate and repeat three times with the remaining egg. Set aside.
Heat remaining oil in the frying pan. Cook beef in batches until golden and brown.
In the same pan add carrots and mushrooms. Cook until slightly softened then add cabbage and wilt. Season with salt and pepper.
Lay pancakes on a plate. Fill the centre with vegetables and beef strips. Roll carefully.
To make the sauce: Bring beef stock and sweet soy sauce to boil in the frying pan with the ginger slices for 2 minutes.
To serve garnish with spring onion, drizzle with sauce and a side of rice.
Smart tip: These egg pancakes can be used as a hors d’oeuvre. Simply spread with cream cheese, add some smoked salmon and rocket and roll. Cut into pinwheels.