Mussel and Chorizo Fritters
- ½ cup self raising flour
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 375g cooked mussel meat, chopped
- 2 Tbsp oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- 60g salad greens
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 carrot, grated
- ¼ red capsicum, sliced thinly
How to Julienne Vegetables
1. Preheat oven to 150ºC
2. Place flour in a large bowl and season. Add spring onion, parsley, chorizo and eggs. Slowly pour in the milk until you have a loose batter consistency. Rest for 10 minutes.
3. Add mussel meat to the batter and toss gently, if it’s a little firm, add a little more milk.
4. In a large frying pan, heat 2 Tbsp oil and shallow fry spoonfuls of your batter mixture (the mixture makes 12 fritters). When bubbles appear on the surface flip over and cook on the other side until golden and crispy. Cook in batches and place in the oven to keep warm until ready to serve.
5. Combine and toss salad ingredients together.
6. To serve top fritters with a dollop of sour cream with green salad on the side.
By Jax Hamilton