Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Italian Sauce
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp pesto
- ¼ cup sliced olives, chopped small
- 2 large chicken breasts, skin removed, sliced in half horizontally
- 4 rashers streaky bacon
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley to garnish
- 200g polenta
- 300g whole green beans, steamed
How to Use Leftover Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a small bowl combine breadcrumbs, pesto and olives.
3. Place chicken between 2 pieces of baking paper on a board and flatten with a rolling pin until 1/2cm thick. Place a spoon of olive mix in the centre of each chicken piece. Wrap one rasher of bacon around each chicken piece. Place on to an oven proof baking dish. Pour over the tomatoes, sprinkle on the herbs, season with salt and pepper. Place in oven for 40 minutes. Remove and rest while you cook the polenta.
4. Cook polenta as per packet instructions.
5. To serve slice each chicken piece into 3 and lay on top of polenta. Spoon over sauce and serve with green beans.