Raw Vegan Lime Cheesecake
- 1 ½ cups cashews
- ¾ cup dates
- ½ cup of almonds
- 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- ½ cup fresh lime juice & zest of one lime plus extra for garnishing
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Soak cashews in cold water overnight.
2. Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain. Place dates in the food processor, add almonds and desiccated coconut and pulse into a fine grain.
3. Press the mixture into an 8 inch springform pan or smaller individual tins. Push down firmly until it is well compacted and even. Put in the fridge to set. This can be made the day before.
4. Add soaked cashews to the food processor along with lime juice, lime zest, coconut oil, coconut milk and maple syrup and blend well until the mixture is smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
5. Pour mixture onto the base, spread evenly and sprinkle with lime zest
6. Store in the freezer and take out 30 minutes before serving
By Brett McGregor