Hoki Bake with Tomato and Basil
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 3.5g fresh basil, leaves torn plus extra leaves to garnish
- 800g Homebrand Diced Tomatoes
- Pinch of chilli, optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 600g Hoki fillets, seasoned
- 50g breadcrumbs
- Zest of a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 20g Parmesan, finely grated
- Serve with:
- 200g Homebrand Frozen Peas, steamed
How to Tell When Fish is Cooked
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Combine topping ingredients, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and combine. Once the garlic begins to colour lightly, add basil and tomatoes. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. As soon as it comes to the boil, remove pan from heat.
Place potatoes in the bottom of an oven proof dish. Drizzle with oil and season. Top with a third of the tomato sauce then place the fish on top.
Place remaining sauce on the top, sprinkle over the breadcrumb and lemon zest mix and drizzle with a little more oil.
Place into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the potato is cooked through. Serve garnished with basil and steamed peas.
By Brett McGregor