Broccoli, Bacon and Pine Nut Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 rashers Signature Range streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets
- 4 cups Oxo chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Homebrand cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan, finely grated
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 60g sour cream
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 baguette sliced into 8 pieces, grilled
How to Make Chicken Stock
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add bacon, onion and garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes or until brown.
Add broccoli and stock to the saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Purée the mixture in a food processor until smooth. Stir in cream and parmesan.
Ladle soup in bowls and sprinkle over pine nuts. Garnish soup with a dollop of sour cream and parsley. Serve with sliced baguette.
By Bronwyn Byrne, courtesy of Food Mag.