Broccoli, Bacon and Pine Nut Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 rashers Signature Range streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets
- 4 cups Oxo chicken stock
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Homebrand cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, finely grated
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 60 g sour cream
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 baguette sliced into 8 pieces, grilled
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add bacon, onion and garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes or until brown.
2. Add broccoli and stock to the saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Purée the mixture in a food processor until smooth. Stir in cream and parmesan.
4. Ladle soup in bowls and sprinkle over pine nuts. Garnish soup with a dollop of sour cream and parsley. Serve with sliced baguette.
By Bronwyn Byrne, Courtesy of Food Magazine