Panko Crumbed Fish Sliders with Lemon Aioli
- 400g white fish
- Flour for dusting
- 2 eggs, whisked lightly
- 2 cups panko crumbs
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 250ml sunflower or rice bran oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp oil, to cook fish
- Lettuce leaves to serve
- 10 Beer Bread Sliders
1. Cut the fish into 4cm pieces. Dust in flour, then dip into egg and cover with breadcrumbs and sesame seeds. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
2. To make the aioli – whisk the egg yolk with the garlic and mustard. Slowly drizzle in the 250ml of oil whisking continuously until thick and delicious. Whisk in the lemon, then season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan to a medium heat. Cook the fish a few bits at a time for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Keep warm in the oven if needed.
4. Heat the sliders in the oven just before serving. Place a lettuce leaf, piece of fish and dollop of aioli on each and serve hot.
(pictured on the left of image)