Asian Inspired Beef with Greens
- 600g-700g Quality Mark Stir-fry Beef or Rump Steak, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ginger, finely grated
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup reduced salt soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornflour mixed with
- ½ cup Campbell’s Real Stock – No Added Salt Beef
- 3 cups chopped green vegetables (Asian greens, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, celery etc.)
- Cooked brown rice to serve
- ½ cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- fresh coriander
- extra chopped chillies (optional) to serve
How to Chop Herbs
Heat a dash of oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. When the pan is very hot, add the beef and sear quickly to brown (do this in two batches to get a nice dark colour and avoid the meat stewing). Set the beef aside.
Reduce the heat to medium. Add the sesame oil, chilli, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for a few minutes. Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce and stock/corn flour mixture and simmer for a few minutes until thickened. Turn the heat to high, add all the vegetables into the pan with the meat and its juices and stir-fry for another few minutes until the vegetables are bright green and just tender.
Serve immediately on brown rice with a sprinkle of peanuts, coriander and chillies.
By Beef + Lamb New Zealand